Website Maintenance & UX Optimization Plans.
These are usually included in our web design plans, but for those wishing to add these plans to an existing site, or if you have requested a fixed priced bid for your website design project, these plans can easily be integrated, so your site is always performing at its peak.
Standard Website Maintenance Plan (Required for most new websites)
- Security updates for your CMS. Both Drupal and WordPress have monthly security updates that must be installed by an expert (or parts of your site will break). This not only updates the CMS, but also makes the platform more secure as more breaches in cyber security are discovered and remedied. Please note: your website typically must be hosted on the Imageworks Creative server in order for security updates to be performed. In some cases, if we have “root access” to a server that is set up properly, we can do these updates for you.
- Site updates. Changing content, titles, labels, pages, menus, links, fonts, etc. often requires an expert for updates to be done correctly. Now, it’s all covered from your provided content and direction. (2 hours per quarter included. Additional time needed is billed at a 20% discount.
- Crawl site and fix any bugs, broken links, bad pages, HTML errors, W3C compliance issues, etc. These happen on all sites over time and require attention constantly.
- Responsive design adjustments and optimization. With thousands of devices and infinite screen sizes, your website will need constant adjustments and design alterations to ensure proper functionality.
- Add code snippets for Google Analytics and AdWords, site monitoring, mailing platforms, and other 3rd party integrations (some integration may increase price, pending difficulty). Note: Back-end functionality, blogs, landing pages, and portfolios are not included, but can be added for an additional fee.
- 20% off hourly rate for additional web work requested.
Website Evolution Plan (Maintenance & Web Experience Optimization Plan)
Includes everything above, plus continual monitoring of enrolled pages, and studying the analytics of how they are performing. No site is ever perfect, and all sites can be improved when you study your user behavior in real time. We focus on pages not performing as expected, improve them, and then move on to the next batch - ensuring your site never gets old and is always improving the user’s experience.
Here are the details:
- Meet, analyze, review, and discuss website and UX changes as requested or on an agreed quarterly or bi-monthly schedule, depending on site requirements.
- Study heat maps of enrolled pages, and the homepage, and plan to make design and content adjustments to increase performance
- Determine which pages have the poorest performance. Bounce rate, time on page, engagement, etc.
- Discuss and formulate a plan to modify the design and content of enrolled pages. We focus on one page at a time and move on.
- Review goals in Google Analytics. Modify as needed.
- Includes illustrations, image manipulation, and all relevant web design needed to achieve goals. Only animations cost extra.
- Content. Many UX issues are content related. While some of your content is optimized for SEO if you have a SEO plan, it doesn't mean the page content is compelling and performing as well as it should. Ultimately, the user/customer determines how the well the content resonates. While we will make minor edits to headers and SEO terms for usability, full page content optimization (wordsmithing) for marketing and conversions is $200 per page from provided content. If you need all new content from research and basic provided content, the cost is $500 per page.
- Decide and add any needed functionality for conversions, such links for email enrollments, landing pages, onsite ads, call-to-action buttons, contact forms etc.
Imagine never having to pay for a new website, because it will be in a constant state of enhancement and evolution based on today’s and tomorrow’s trends, behaviors, and technologies. Just enroll as many pages as you think you need and we will take it from there!