Studies show that first impressions are 94% design-related.*
46% of visitors base their decisions on the credibility of a website from its visual appeal & aesthetics.
38% of visitors will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive.
75% of judgments on a company’s credibility are based on the company’s website design.
Too often we see companies with websites that seem like they just don't care about the impression they make. Or perhaps they just don't think it's important. This data tells us a different story. Not only should you invest in your website experience, you should consider your overall BRAND experience. When you consider that 97% of your customers will come to your website BEFORE they consider your services or products, it's easy to determine that your website needs to tell your story and is one of the most imperative parts of your business.
Whether your business is b2b, b2g or b2c the experience visitors have with your website will play a crucial role in how they interact and the impression that is made.
It all starts with a strategy, and should continue through the design and “evolution” of your website.
Here are some tips for planning and enhancing your website experience:
- Review sites of your competitors. Write down your likes and dislikes
- Plan trackable website goals and load them into Google Analytics. Time on page, pages visited, forms filled out, content downloaded, phone calls and a few examples of popular goals we use.
- Make sure your HERO (Your initial imagery on the top of your page) clearly explains what your do, and why a visitor should care.
- Make sure you use multiple call to actions throughout your site using colors that stand out
- Tell your story on your homepage, top to bottom. Cover everything your do in short content areas with links to detailed content areas.
- If possible feature awards, partners, and testimonials.
- Hire a great writer to make sure you subpage content is compelling and to the point. Hire a website designer to layout the pages with use of imagery to help the content visually.
- Make sure you page is scannable and uses call to actions tied to your goals.
ImageWorks creative can help you with your website experience, simply contact us here and we can review your site and help you plan a strategy to improve your website experience right away.
Schedule a call with one of our team members here.