And Mr. ImageWorks creates a new program to leverage this for your business!
We are talking tagging that allows local businesses (and non-local with multiple locations) to promote their business and rank higher in local search results marked by the famous “red balloon.” No, this is not a reference to Nena’s “99 Red Balloons” from the ‘80s, although we do like the song for “’80s night.”
Instead, Google has turned to Google Boost, which is a new advertisement program, similar to AdWords but focused on local results that make use of Google maps, and almost always out-ranks organic search results.
Google Tags have been retired
Dear Google Places user,
This notice is to remind you that we have retired Google Tags for all users as
of April 29, 2011. No action is required on your part, and your Places account
and listing will continue to work as usual. All active tags were free for the
month of April, and March was the last billing month for active customers.
Thank you for trying Google Tags.
The Google Places Team
Save $100 OFF Your BOOST Campaign with ImageWorks!
Google and Google partners are offering $100 credit for you to try Google Boost. Here are some requirements and advantages:
- We need to make use of a physical address. P.O. Boxes do not work as well.
- You can create your own ads (formerly these were just tags).
- You only pay when ads are clicked, AND you can set you own budget.
- You can measure ad effectiveness using Google Analytics.
Now you can certainly create your own ads and categories, or you can have us create, test and manage your account for you. To maximize your spend, we urge you to use our services to create professional presence, ads and offers, and enhance these ads over time. Here is what we do:
- Set up your Google Places and Boost Accounts under our master account
- Write good great ad copy that will get you noticed (3 max)
- Insert images into your ads (up to 3 ads)
- Meet with you quarterly to evaluate ads and modify them
Cost? Just $199 set up plus $99 per month for one year term.