Why You DO Need a Blog
We hear it all the time. “I don’t need a blog.” “I don’t have time to blog.” “I have nothing to say in a blog.” We are writing today to tell you that you DO need a blog for your company. And here’s why:
- Blog posts create frequent, fresh content. More content is good for SEO.
- Quality content helps establish you as a knowledgeable industry authority.
- Blogging helps drive traffic and leads to your website (see below!)
- Your blog is the two-way street for you to engage with your customers.
- It’s a great way to get valuable inbound links—one of the best ways to boost your rankings.
If you still aren’t a believer, have a look at these solid stats:
- Companies that blog more have 434% more indexed pages by search engines.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- US Internet users spend 3x more minutes on blogs and social networks than on email.
- The global population of blog readers is growing (65% in 2010).
- Most people (46%) read blogs more than once a day and read 5-10 blogs.
- The average budget spent on company blogs and social media has nearly doubled in two years.
- Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes.
- 2/3 of marketers say their company blog is “critical” or “important” to their business.
*Stats provided by HubSpot
While it’s best to blog frequently, it’s more important that your audience views your content as interesting and valuable. And it should not only be interesting and valuable, but shareable and social as well. Social media websites have seen tremendous growth in the past few years, and their presence is only growing. The benefits of a customer “Liking” your blog post or passing it along to their friends are obvious.
Convinced? We thought so. See how ImageWorks can create quality content for your blog with our VisibilityPro Plan.