Why Email Marketing is your #1 option for sharing valuable content with your prospects.
Recent research shared by Chadwick Martin Bailey has some interesting statistics in regards to how internet users share content. But before we jump into the raw data, let's first explore some factors to consider:
- 18-24 year-olds are the only users that use Facebook to share content more than email
- Most of the content shared on Facebook is video and links to personal and humor related content
- Nearly 90% of 35-54 year-olds use email to share content. <<<(Decision Makers!!)
- Email content is much more likely to be business related than Facebook content
Why do Internet users share content?
As expected, when you throw in the Facebook option, most users share content they find interesting or entertaining to get a laugh. (We are not bashing Facebook here, just pointing out that it is used primarily as a personal social tool).
This leaves us with 41% sharing content for reasons we would consider very beneficial to any B2B, B2G or B2C entity. Here is the breakdown:
- 30% think it will be helpful to the recipient
- 7% send to generate ideas and discussion
- 2% send to promote ideals
- 2% send to help people to get to know them
How do you use Email Marketing to educate and nurture your prospect base?
The above reports let us know decision makers greatly favor email as a primary method for receiving important content. So now the challenge is to put together content that will NOT be perceived as spam or clutter, but rather helpful and thought provoking. This means having exceptional content. Here is a list of the components you will need to start a successful e-mail marketing program:
- A Professionally Designed Email Template — In seconds, the look and feel of your email will either help a prospect trust your brand or hit “delete”
- A Content Strategy — 3-6 months in advance
- Killer Copy, Video & Presentations…content that makes an impact. Link here
- A Lead Nurturing Auto-Response Program.
- Monthly Distribution to your email list via iContact, Vertical Response or Mail Chimp (this is who we like the best)
- Analytics – evaluate and optimize what works and what doesn’t to improve your campaigns going forward
Keep your business in touch with the latest marketing trends and design ideas by subscribing to our newsletter. Get it here!
Looking for a new marketing direction? Request a quote for services from ImageWorks!
*Charts provided from emarketer.com